Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Military Air Travel

When you travel via military air you have to have patience and not be in a hurry and for that matter not be too worried about where you end up. Take this last trip from Kuwait to Afghanistan. We spent one day, that includes an overnight stay in a wonderful air conditioned tent, at the air field. The next day we flew to our final destination. Be sure to bring a good book to read, I'm reading the Digitial Fortress, by Dan Brown, and also have a magazine or two. Bring bottled water to drink and wear comfortable clothes as you will be spending a lot of time waiting. This use to bother me but now anymore. I take things in stride and enjoy where I am. Be in the now as the Buddist say. Be in the present. Also when traveling military air you will have to stay in a tent, like I did, with a bunch of other travelers so take a small flash light. They come in very handy when you are trying to find your way back to your bunk after a late night trip to the head. I think this is progress on my part, at least the part about getting the most out of the moment no matter where you are. So many people, travelers, get angry and upset over such minor things, most of which are totally out of their control. Just bring your book and a flashlight and don't leave your shop in the shower like I did. Had to purchase another here in Afghanistan but hey, no worries man!

No comments:

/* Analytics code