Saturday, May 13, 2006

Hot + Windy = sand storm

Today it is hot and very windy so the sky is full of sand, i.e. a sand storm. Looks like we are under a dome of sand that blasts us as we walk. I have a short, 4 blocks or so, walk from the barracks to the building where I work most of the time. In the morning I get up and walk to the chow hall (Navy term for the DFAC) and have coffee and something to eat while I read Stars and Stripes. Then I walk back to the room or directly to work and start my day. Lots of meetings, field trips to sites and right now lots of research. After work I have dinner and go to the library to read, drop by the exchange to see if anything new has come in since yesterday then go back to the barracks. Usually walk around the track after the sun goes down. Then back to the barracks and take a shower and listen to my iPod before I go to sleep. That ladies and gentlemen is my life in Kuwait so far.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dave, Sounds like you are having an exciting time. I am on Duty at the Nevada Test Site. I have an idea about being in the desert with sand but not like what you are in. But you have to admit it is better than being on a ship right? Thank you for doing a tour. Everyone has a job to do. Take care. Peter Munding

Anonymous said...

I tried leaving a blog but not sure if it worked. Peter Munding

/* Analytics code