Saturday, September 30, 2006

Laban

When you go shopping in a grocery store and you are looking for milk heed this warning! I was shopping at the Sultan Center last week and in the diary section saw the familar milk container from the states. On the label it read "Laban" and "Low Fat" had a picture of a cow and the rest was in Arabic. So I picked up a jug of "low fat milk" The next morning I poured a big glass, actually a plastic cup, and took a sip. Hug! as Charlie Brown would say. Seems that LABAN, MADZOUN, RAEB, are fermented milk in different countries. Fermented milk! Tastes as bad as it sounds. Who would drink fermented milk? Not me, I just poured it down the kitchen sink. So beware shoppes when you are in Kuwait or other Arab countries don't purchase the Laban.

No comments:

/* Analytics code