Sunday, November 25, 2007

Language

Interesting that the only comments on my last blog entry were three different versions of the Arabic word for child, kid, etc. Wonder when child, kid was added to the Arabic language? All languages evolve over time, words are added and deleted due to non use. The source for my entry was from a book entitled "The Arab Mind" by Raphael Patai, the 2007 revised edition, the book was originally published in 1973. The book is well respected in the Social Sciences and Ethnic Studies arenas. This whole thing illustrates how hard it is to communicate with people. The response to my blog entry was to attack! I would be very interested to know when child and or kid was added to the Arabic language. My reason for reading The Arab Mind is to try to understand these people a little better. But for me the main point of the last entry was the loss to humanity and our future if we don't take full advantage of all members of the global society, men and women. No one had anything to comment about that.

No comments:

/* Analytics code