Saturday, September 29, 2007

DIKW

DIKW stands for Data, Information, Knowledge and Wisdom. Anyone who knows me knows that this has been a major interest of mine for some time. So what is DIKW?
Data - a string of identified but unevaluated symbols
Information - Evaluated, validated, or useful data
Knowledge - Information in the context of understanding
Wisdom - according to the dictionary, is defined as the
1 a: Accumulated philosophic or scientific learning-knowledge;
b: Ability to discern inner qualities and relationships-insight;
c: Good sense-judgment
d: Generally accepted belief.
2: A wise attitude, belief, or course of action.
3: The teachings of the ancient wise men (is 53 ancient?)

I hope that you will all share your wisdom with me. I plan on spending the rest of my life collecting wisdom and sharing it with those I love.

2 comments:

Bloggylife said...

First of all I really loved this post. Simple yet deep.

One of the things that I came to understand is, true you mostly learn from life. Not from reading books. Life, experiences, failures, achievements, interactions & knowledge. That what ultimately leads you to establish a sense of judgement, ground of beliefs & teachings that hopefully you may pass on one day to help those in need.

And you are right about the sharing, you do share not enforce your thoughts about life, your wisdom. It's about the other person to decide what to do with it. What you have so far is a result of your journey through this life, others maybe still in the beginning of the path.

"Wise" has nothing to do with ancient especially these days. Wisdom can be found in highly unlikely individuals.

53 is not ancient think of it as mature ;)

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

This is a message for the webmaster/admin here at www.blogger.com.

May I use some of the information from this post above if I give a link back to this website?

Thanks,
Jules

/* Analytics code