Saturday, January 13, 2007

Return to Kuwait

So I am still suffering from jet lag. Returned to Kuwait yesterday from back home. About 16 hours of flight time, 6 hours of layover and two airplanes and I'm back. Ofcourse I found out today that I will be heading off to Bahrain in a little over a week. No rest for the weary.
I started another Great Course today titled "The United States and the Middle East - 1914 to 9/11" which is very interesting. But one of the books I am reading now about the Middle East, "A Peace to End All Peace" tells the story of how the current configuration of the Middle East was mainly determined from 1914 to 1922 as a result of the British, French and Russian plans carried out during that period as result of the fall of the Ottoman Empire.
On the plane I began reading the Iraq Study Group Report which has some interesting and very relavant recommendations for the future of Iraq and the Middle East in general. The more I learn about the Middle East the more interesting it becomes and the more the daily news makes sense to me.

No comments:

/* Analytics code