Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Maybe in 75 years

Maybe in 75 years you should come to Kuwait for a visit. Essentially Kuwait City is one large construction site. Buildings are going up everywhere you cast your eyes. Of course what your eyes will see mostly is the construction trash, heaps of junk, piles of sand and just general trash blowing in the wind. The building construction standards are from the early 1800's I'd say. No such thing as safety is practiced. The construction sites are places where I suspect many foriegn workers have died. But I do not think any Kuwait local would know or care about that. Infrastructure services like water, gas and electricity are very crude. Gas for apartments and homes is in portable canisters, like I use at home under the BBQ. Of course you would not want to have gas pipes run within the buildings, can you say death trap? So I was thinking that in 75 years you could come and visit since they may be done with most of the construction, but based on the way they drive I would say wait for a 100 years. In that time perhaps the younger generation will have learned how to drive, their parents sure can not drive safely. The freeways are death traps, but I'll save that for another post.

No comments:

/* Analytics code