Saturday, June 17, 2006

Economic Globalization

For some time now I have heard about globalization and more specifically economic globalization. Not sure excatly what that is, but I suspect that my daugher Laura could give me an education in this area. What do you say Laura, will you educate me?
But what I do see here in Kuwait, and in many other places I have been in my life are very familar products being sold; Pepsi, Coke, and cell phones. All the resturants you could ever want including TGIF, McDonalds, KFC, Chilli's, etc are here. You can rent a car from Avis in our hotel and go to the local mall in Kuwait City to see a US movie the week it is released in America. Television commercials try to sell me personal care and household products I have seen all my life. Is the world safer the more integrated our economies are? If exports and imports grow is that good for all? It does seem that the places in the world that are fighting is going on the most are those areas that are not as integrated with the global economy. Is it a good idea that companies are getting more powerful than some companies?

No comments:

/* Analytics code